Monday, January 16, 2017

Transfers came this week and I'm staying in my area in Tacna! My companion is also staying and we're pretty excited about it (: We have a lot of good work going on in our area and neither of us wanted to leave! We have a baptism planned this Saturday, her name is Nayeli. She's 13 and she has some aunts and uncles who are members and has been going to church for a while but never had permission from her mom to get baptized, until now! It was awesome to see how excited she was when her mom told her she could get baptized. She said it feels like she's been waiting forever to get baptized! We're very excited for her, so Saturday should be a really special day!
This week my companion and I will be going to Arequipa for a leadership conference with all the other zone leaders and sister leaders. The leadership conferences are always the best because we get to learn how our mission president and his wife want the Lord's work to progress in this part of the world. It's always super spiritual and the food is good too (:
So this last week my companion and I were in a taxi and we started talking to the taxi driver. We told him we were missionaries form the Church of Jesus Christ and started to share part of our message with him. I asked him if he goes to church, he told us he is Catholic. He then went on to say that he doesn't believe in an after life, that this life as we know it is everything and then we die and then nothing. Just nothing. We went on to explain a little bit more of our beliefs of the "the after life" so to speak, and it made me think. It is so hard for me to fathom that there wouldn't be a life after this one. There are so many manifestations in this world of a Supreme Creator, of a high power, of a Heavenly Father. I know that God exists. I know that He has prepared a plan for us, a plan of salvation, that allows us to return to His presence after this life. This life on earth is but a trial of our faith. It is but a speck of time on the scheme of eternity. Our potential is divine because we come from an all-powerful God who loves us and wants us to become like Him.

Moses 1:39 (found in the Pearl of Great Price)
For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Take care my dear friends (:

Hermana Celardo



No comments:

Post a Comment