Monday, November 21, 2016

Hello friends! I hope all is well and you're all doing fantastic. This last week was amazing! My companion and I celebrated our one year anniversary out here in the mission. First of all, I can't believe I've been out for a year. I still feel like I'm a newbie haha. Time flies out here. So Thursday we basically ate our way through our one year anniversary haha. In the morning we had breakfast with our district . We went to their pensionistas house and I made french toast for everyone. But instead of using regular bread we used Chocotone. Chocotone is like sweet bread with chocolate chips in it. It was soo good! And then for lunch we had causa, like a chicken salad with mashed potatoes, with chicha morada (my fav drink ever made from purple corn). After we went out to teach lessons like normal. We made super good no-bake cookies with a member, they were made from peanut butter and oats and cocoa powder! Then we had pizza at the one place called Las Gringas haha. So basically we ate our way through the day, but we regret nothing.
This week Hermana kunz and I found a family thats really interested in the church! And they now have baptismal dates! We're pretty excited to say the least! They told us they really love how everything we teach is centered on families. It made me think about the doctrine of the church and how important families are in this life. They're so important that we have the opportunity to live with them in the eternities. This principle, that families can be eternal, is not just a belief. it's not just something we hope for. In the church of Jesus Christ we have the authority and power of God to be able to seal families together for time and all eternity. There are covenants and promises we make with God under His authority to make it possible. I am so grateful for this knowledge that I have of the gospel. For the opportunity I have to live with my family forever in the eternities. God is a loving god who wants us to return to live with him, but as a family. And honestly I can't imagine anything happier than that.
These last 6 months are going to be the best. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me. I'm so grateful for this time that I have to be a representative of my Savior, Jesus Christ, and to bring souls unto him. There is nothing that brings me greater joy

D&C 16:6

And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.

Take care (:
hermana Celardo




No comments:

Post a Comment