Tuesday, January 12, 2016

It was another great week here in Peru! It's been super hot here the last couple weeks. I have some pretty gnarly tan lines on my feet already. We walk probably about 5-7 miles every day. It's good exercise! The sunsets here are incredible. The sun sets over the ocean, so it reminds me of home! Ilo is beautiful, I love it here!
Okay so the food. Rice rice rice and more rice. For every meal haha and they also put Ketchup and Mayo on their rice. And i'm not going to lie, it's actually really good! You should try it if you ever get the chance! There's little food carts everywhere that sell all different kinds of foods. It smells SO good all the time, but we're not allowed to eat it because we might get sick.. They also have little markets at almost every corner on every street. So if I ever need something I can just walk across the street and buy it! I'm grateful for that!
Ramon is getting baptized this Saturday! I'm so excited! It's super great that he's getting baptized, but I think it's even better to see the change in his heart. When we first started teaching him, he was very quiet. But we had a lesson with him yesterday and he was talking so much more and he told us he has been reading his scriptures and he was just telling us how happy he is. The gospel is so true! It's awesome!!
The language is coming..slowly but surely. I still feel like I don't know a lot but when I think about where I was two weeks ago when I first got to Ilo, I've learned a lot! The biggest struggle for me right now is not being able to communicate. But I know with time and patience and more importantly, faith, it will get better!
My companion and I get along really well! She is SO patient with me. I'm so grateful for her! I don't know what I would do without her haha. She's also a convert to the church. She joined the church a little over 2 years ago and she has been on her mission for 7 months. She's awesome!
The people here are very open to hearing our message. They, for the most part, are very religious and love going to church. We've met a lot of people who are Catholic, but not practicing. Even if they're not very interested in our church, they are kind and talk with us for a while. I am very appreciative of that!
I have seen miracles every day being out here. And I know with my whole soul that those miracles are not coincidences. I know that with faith anything is possible! I'm grateful to be here serving the Lord!
Until next time,
Hermana Celardo




No comments:

Post a Comment